Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Not much, you?

The weather improves and the blogging drops off. All is as it should be.

I'm over my obsession with getting another flat tire. It seems like Spring arrives and glass sprouts out of the street. I've ridden through my share of glass with the new "Gator Skins" without incident. I'm not stupid enough to wander beyond reasonable walking distance without my repair kit and pump...anymore...for at least a while..I'm pretty sure.

I've been putting some miles on the Gitane. I've noticed that compared to the Surly, with it's new brakes, that the Gitane brakes feel spongy. In some ways it feels like the cables are stretching more than they should. On the other hand, I wonder if new brake shoes would be the ticket. Likely it's a combination of the two. Any opinions out there?

Enough of the blah blah. The riding is great. Hope you enjoy yours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Frostbike said...

If your brake pads look worn, I'd replace them first. Then you can adjust your cable, since you'll have to do that anyway. And if the cable looks worn, heck, do both!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home