Monday, April 17, 2006

The Acid Test

So. I'm obsessed with flat tires. I hear the hiss constantly. After starting off the warm season with a couple of flats, I'm always expecting the next one. I rode through some majors glass both to and from work today. Hence "The Acid Test". Not an intentional test, but a byproduct of some spaced out riding. Eventually, I'll give it up and just ride again.

The weekned ride on some of our local paths has convinced me that I find riding alongside cars safer than riding alongside inline skaters. Seriously, the mix of pedestrians, skaters and the widely mixed speeds of the biking crowd has convinced me that the bike path is no place to be if you want to haul ass.

Enjoy your ride.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's best to take a certain Zen attitude about flats. They're going to happen, and we just have to be prepared to fix them and get back on the road. Most of the technology of flat protection has a dubious success record. But a new tube and a pump will solve the problem most of the time.

I agree that crowded paths are no place for fast riding. Riding with cars is actually pretty safe once you adopt some defensive riding practices.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home