Friday, April 14, 2006

Fresh start

So it feels like a fresh start to me. Not like we couldn't get any more unpleasant weather, but Spring seems to be here. The past two days have been glorius here. Start out riding to work at 66 degrees F , low humidity, damn near perfect.

It's easy to understand the slow down in blogging among the biking crowd. The tough days of winter are gone. What could I possibly add. It's been great.

Finally finished up a big project at work so the intense pressure is off for a bit. I feel a little dazed as I've been going full speed ahead. I've took the afternoon off yesterday and came home at 3.30pm today. Generally unheard of for me. I've been over a year without a vacation and barely a day off. Sure some time at Xmas. Some of the family visiting and xmas activity is anything but a vacation. Anyway, I'm a bit cooked, but feel like I'm doing a better job of taking care of myself. The biking definitely brought me through winter in much better shape.

Ordered some new tires for the Gitane after last weekend's flat tire problems. Went with some Continental Gator-skins. Kind of weird in that I just spent more on tires than I paid for the bike, $50. Had a brief ride this eve. They seem to roll noticeably better than the discount skins I had before. They do seem tough on inspection. We all know riding through the glass shards of daily life will be the true test. Doug, of MNBikeCommuter,see my links, seems to have had good luck with better tires. We'll see.

You enjoy the ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Jim,

Continental Gatorskins is the tire I had on my raod bike last year. I had 2,500 flat free miles on that bike. I just put a new set on Wednesday night just for reassurance (and Performance Bike had them at a unbelievable low price). But I bet last years set still had another 1,000 miles left on them. I hope they work as well for you.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home