Sunday, March 26, 2006

I'm McConfused and a Little McPissed

So I'm out on a ride today. A good one. On the Surly Single Speed. A good run and the Spring wind always seemed to be blowing head on. The wind. Natures way of putting hills in places where there are none. I did about a 25 mile loop and feel like I'm in at least as good of condition as I was at the end of last year.

Great, great ride. So, I'm backing off the pace and I'm starting to think "must have burger. Must have greasy burger. Must have more than one.". My wife's been out of town this weekend so the diet has been whatever is at hand, which has been mostly oatmeal. So I'm thinking a McDonalds run wouldn't be too bad.

I'm sitting in the drive-thru lane and waited for ~ 10 minutes. When I go to place my order, I am informed that I can't go through on my bike. My blood sugar was running low and I was REALLY HUNGRY. My first thought was to say "well, fuck you very much, have a nice McFucking day, @sshole". I try to be a decent person, it's not always easy nor does it necessarily come naturally to me, so I'm glad I resisted the temptation. There's enough unpleasant shit in the world. There's no reason I need to add to the pile.

Anyway, my blood sugar is now back to normal and my crankiness factor is back to normal. I did take the time to email McDonald's customer service. Minnesota state statute awards me the same rights and responsibilities as any other vehicle on the road. Yet, my neighborhood McDonalds sets a higher standard for the dispersal of burgers. To be fair I will report back with whatever they have to say. I'm sure they'll be professional and courteous, but, I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is no rational explanation. I'll betcha'

Maybe this is some sort of cosmic justice. The cosmos figures I shouldn't be eating that stuff anyway.

End of McRant. Until ToMcMorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Can't wait to hear their response.

8:22 PM  
Blogger The Old Bag said...

Friend of mine had the same experience only this was six years ago -- whyever it is, it's been in force for quite awhile.

Wonder what their logic is.

Likewise, I take my McBusiness elsewhere.

7:31 PM  
Blogger iconoclasm said...

When we were kids we drove through backwards and went through on foot. I'm shocked that they wouldn't serve you. I can't believe how dumb this is. Their buisness is selling burgers. You would think they would do that.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home