Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Very Fine Day

Some days things just go well. I'm not one to ask why. I'm just glad to be the occasional recipient of one.

Somehow I managed to stay focused at work at accomplish quite a bit. I have a file on my desk titled "Pending". Anytime "pending" gets too fat, I get nervous. I took the time to sort through the file. Part of why I had a good day is what I discovered in the file. What Ifound was that if you let some low priority jobs slip, they eventually just go away. So. Probably half of pending went in the circular file. Another discovery that made it a good day is that I didn't find anything in "pending" that caused me to rapidly inhale, making a noise something like ieargh. This is following by a difficulty is expelling said inhaled air. Usually caused by some seriously spaced out deadline, typically a project for someone in a position of sufficient authority to make my life truly miserable. So, good day. Enough about work. That's something I do to make the rest of my life possible.

What really made it a good day was the ride home. Nice soft light and mild temperatures, around 30 degrees F. My first more extended long-way-home ride in a while. Some days it just works and today was one of those. Zen bike ride. Ommmmmmmm............. Seriously good. I was very pleased to realize that it was 30 degrees and it felt like a warm day. My cycling year has dramatically increased. June, July, August. That used to be about it for me. Huge improvement in my quality of life.

I can't wait until the racers are out again. I take great delight in dogging the young riders. It's frustrating when you can't shake an old fart. Problem is that I'm not as concerned about being fast as I was last summer. Problem is I'm too busy enjoying the ride. Not actually a problem.

It's all about the ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home