Sunday, February 19, 2006

The weekend off

Didn't so much as think about riding this weeekend. Yesterday was brutally cold. I would have got ont he bike if I needed to go anywhere but that never came up. Today was a lazy day. We continue our remodeling chores and things are slowly shaping up. It takes us a long time to make up our minds and the remodel has been proof of that. I'm thinking our car will be able to drive to IKEA by itself by the time we wrap it up. I'm starting to feel a little guilty about the amount of money we've spent on things that don't seem all that important. On the other hand, we're both around 50 yrs old and have never had furniture that wasn't given to us until pretty recently. I guess we can feel good about ridding the world of some of the most butt-ugly harvest gold/orange shag carpeting the 70's had to offer. I've removed enough carpeting in my life, and seen what's underneath it, to be pretty much a non-carpet kind of guy.

Truth is, I'll be glad when we wrap it up, and that won't be anytime real soon.

Lesse, what else? I've been spending a lot of time thinking that I need to quit smoking. Some probably think it's incongruent that a biker would be a smoker. The way I see it, wanting to be in decent conditionand being addicted to nicotine are two separate issues. I need to cut this sh!t out but quitting has a very negative effect on my mood. Doesn't make me a real pleasant person to be around either. Any advise from anyone who may read this is welcome.

Oh yeah, I've also been thinking about how well our new dog, he's 1.5 yrs now so not exactly new, is working out.

Here he is as a little guy.



And more recently, as a coffee table camping cur. Ok, I know it's sideways. Turn your head 90 degrees.



We enjoy our pets. As you can see, they lead a pretty easy life.

Enough. Be well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Frostbike said...

Hey Jim,
As a former smoker I can tell you there's no magic bullet for quitting. Just give it a try, know you'll probably fail the first few times, and keep at it. Try the gum, try the patch, try Zyban or whatever else. I know I feel so much better now that I've quit (6 years this May). Good luck!

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home