Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mmm mmm good

I missed a few days from my goal of a daily post. The weather has been fairly brutal in Saint Paul, but it could easily be worse. We've had a fair amount of snow other the past week with low temps continuing at around 0 degrees F. Saturday proved that rutted, compacted snow is more of a hazard than ice. I'm calling on some of the skills gained as a kid riding off road motorcycle. Keep your weight back, speed up, and a loose grip on the bars.

For whatever reason, I'm enjoying the winter cycling quite a bit. It no longer seems like a chore at all. Dress for it and equip the bike for it and it;s a real pleasure. I've lived in this climate for along time but have never cared for winter. This helps.

I ran across a decent deal on a Surly Crosscheck and now am looking forward to building the bike up. I'm considering all possibilities in the build; singlespeed, maybe a 3-speed internal gear, options for brakes, handlebars, the list goes on and on. Winter's only begun, so I believe I'll take my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home