Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Cold and slick

Cold with slick roads today. Temp about 20 degrees F on the ride home. We had freezing rain and snow last night so a trip on the roads were a decent test on a fairly miserable winter day. Set the tire pressure on the studded tires to about 50 lbs of pressure. Nice fat footprint and the hills feel that much steeper.

I never really felt the tires slip and feel reasonably comfortable on the road. The right clothing, tires, and fenders seem to make the ride very bearable. I haven't tried it with a load of groceries yet, but the time will come. I had the flu this weekend and it was still hanging on today. I considered driving the car but knew the parking would be filled and that it would take as long to walk from from parking lot as it would to bike and have front door parking. I decided on the bike and glad I did. Ain't so bad. I'm starting to think there won't be a problem biking through the winter.

More later. You take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home