Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Now that I'm started...

I'm really not certain where this blog is headed, but I've agreed with myself to try and post daily. Low temp of 24 degrees F made for an average chilly commute, but no big deal and a perfect day for it. Balmy on the way home as the high temp must have been about 50. I'm lucky to be able to ride through a small city park, located on a hill, overlooking my neighborhood on the way home. When I frst got back into riding, I was obsessed with going fast, now it seems I'm obsessed with taking my time and enjoying the ride. The pre-ride ritual, unlock the bike, mount the lights, put on helmet, put on pack, take off pack, look for gloves, blah, blah, blah used to drive me nuts. I find myself taking my time these days. It feels better. I'm self-centered so "feels better" works for me.

Talk of snow next week so I'll be mounting the studded tires over the weekend. Last week's brief brush with winter, and ice, went well but I'd like a little more confidence on the ice. The studs should help. We'll see.

I'll start posting some pictures soon. You'll be amazed at my eBay stable of bikes. That's assuming anyone is even reading this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home