Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving and the snow that comes with it

Had yesterday off, so spent the day catching up on some household chores. Dang those troublesome bills and checkbook! The morning temps were right around 10 degrees F, which was an excellent wake-up call to just how cold it can be. I was reminded to dig out the facemask. Spent the rest of the day hanging out with my wife, sister, and brother in law. No turkey or feasting, but nice and relaxed. It's way too far to consider biking to my sister's place, without serious advance planning, so out comes the trusty Toyota Echo, a car that gets good enough mileage to feel like I'm being responsible with the gasoline.

Today, had the day off and did some serious vegging, never straying too far from the couch, TV, or my cozy blanky. Eventually,I got moving and, since we were due for a couple of inches of snow, put the studded tires on. Kenda tires. Went for ~ $40 each, not cheap, but much more reasonaqble thn a trip to the ER. The toeclips came off and the seat height came down a little. Test flight went fine on a new coat of about 3" new snow. Slow down and don't make any sudden move seems to be in order. Surprisingly easy considering I don't think I'd ever ridden on snow. This set-up aught to help although it remains to be seen how long I'll keep this up. Still way more fun than sitting in the car and a challenge that I'm still up for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home