Thursday, February 16, 2006

ok...so, the facemask

Ok... so it was a balmy 7 degrees F this morning. I remembered and wore the facemask but didn't really need it. Looks like the next two days may be a bit more challenging. Friday AM should be sub 0, so a definite facemask day. About the only issue was fogging of my glasses. I pulled the mask down to expose my nose and mouth. Problem gone. Elementary, but it just hasn't been cold enough this winter to worry about this. Lack of experience.

My baby soft legs were crying out for a lower gear this morning. But with the Surly SS I've two choices; mash the pedals a little harder or get off and walk. Fat chance on the walking. My mindset is not used to the lack of options. We'll see how the next week or so goes.

The Surly frame seems a bit, very little bit, more flexy than the Pig. Pig must be made of gaspipe, there's no flex at all. I'm liking the ride but still getting used to it. Way too much juvenile fun skidding the back wheel. Love the control and ability to do this.

Be safe and enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home