Friday, February 24, 2006

The Program

Time to get with the program. Last year, when i started biking, I went on a healthy diet in order to feel better and to lose some flab. It worked. I lost 15-20 lbs of middle aged belly fat. Well, I don't put on the same amount of miles in the winter and with the cold weather I have had a voracious appetite. I wouldn't say I'm completely disgusting but I'm not exactly cut.

So the diet goes like this. Supper is one half of a plate of vegetables, one-quater protien and one-quarter starch. I'm simple minded and don't like to fuss around too much. The diet also calls for a breakfast of oatmeal, fruit, skim milk and something roughly equivalent for lunch. Cut out the candy. Snack time in the afternoon is skim milk and maybe some carrots. It all worked once and it can wiork again. Yup, gotta get with the program.

Enjoy the ride. It's all about the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home