Wednesday, March 15, 2006

March is our friend! & Return of Swap Meet

March is Living up to its Reputation.




Plenty of packed and rutted snow and ice. Fairly nasty on the side streets. Weight back, loose grip on the bars and don't fight the bike. Works pretty well. If we had more of these conditions, I'd consider some BMX gear for protection. Seems like it's only a matter of time before the wipeout. More snow on the way tonight/tomorrow, perhaps some more over the weekend. Hard to believe I've had my street bike out for some sweaty runs in the last couple of weeks. Then again, it is March.

Return of Swap Meet



So. I'm lingering at the swap meet (see Son of Swap Meet, 2/27). I've seen enough and picked up a couple of choice items. I'm ready to go home. The Burgundy Tomassini is still tormenting me. So reasonably priced and I do not need another bike.

I have to ask myself: Are you making this decision based on fear or desire? Fear being the possible reaction of my significant other when she sees what I've done. Desire is just desire. I WANT THAT. On the surface, it seems simple enough. Fear is negative. Desire is positive. When in doubt, go with positive. Right? On the other hand, fear is what keeps the gazelle from being devoured by the hungry lion...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home